Updated Feb 18, 2013 Previous update on April 18, 2010
10 GOLDEN RULES:
If you are a member on our forum you hereby will be required to follow these rules. Our message board is not a democracy and broken rules will be handled on a person to person basis depending on their past actions and how they have acted in general.
1. Do not post pictures or information about your transmitter setup, radio station or anything else for that matter that may incriminate yourself or anything you may regret posting in the future. Put it simply, don't post something if you are questioning yourself if it's a good idea.
1.B. Anything that threatens the integrity of legality on our forum will get you an automatic permanent ban.
2. No illegal links or incriminating material. If you want to show off your equipment that is fine, but we are not liable for any legal actions it may cause you. Any legal infraction it could cause us will be referred to 1.B. Keep in mind that when posting pictures of equipment like your transmitter the FCC could use those photos to prove you are broadcasting unlicensed operations and could result in making their job easier if they decide to confiscate your equipment in the future. It's your personal choice to display your equipment but always remember you never know who's browsing this board, or for that matter any forum on the Internet.
3. No illegal porn pictures or links. If you want to show off a QSL card with tits on it that is fine, but it must be of an artistic nature and appropriate. Anything too radical may be subject for removal and anything illegal will be an automatic ban. (see 1.B)
4. Permanent bans will not be reopened for possible unban until December 21, 2012 and only upon all moderators vote of YES to let that individual back on to our forums under strict regulations on posting privileges.
5. Absolutely no spamming. If you spam our forum more than once you will be subject for a banning for a minimal of 2 weeks besides in special cases.
5.B. If you just joined DO NOT post a link to your site right away. If your very first post is nothing more than a link to your site it will be locked and a warning will be given telling you to join in on the community first and let people know who you are before you post about your website. Any sudden members joining and posting only a link to their site and nothing else may be subject to either a warning or possible ban for not more than a week besides in special cases. If you keep linking your site and nothing else you will face being banned longer or possible account removal. Put simply, it's rude to drop in and start posting links before people know who you are.
6. No harassing. Only exception to this is friendly joking amongst members. Any sudden or deliberate harassing of another member will be subject to a banning. Severe cases will be permanently banned. (see rule 4) If you feel like someone is harassing you please PM staff over the issue rather than instigating the situation more with said person.
7. Be courteous to other members and moderators. If a moderator feels you are being too much of a jackass you will get a 1 to 4 day ban depending on what you said and did.
8. No trolling. If you're going to reply to a thread at least make an effort to say something useful. Continuous trolling after being warned could be subject for a short ban (see rule 7)
9. Try not to lurk so much. This isn't exactly a rule but if you are going to be on our forums at least try and contribute a bit to help our community out. Though information is free it's nice to return the favor to others who have questions or topics you know how to answer and reply to on. Continuous lurking will make the sun angry causing it to fart solar flares on us all.
10. Help us keep this forum mostly unmoderated and free much like the airwaves. Play by the rules and don't give us reason to implement some radical rule that we shouldn't have needed in the first place. As a teacher once said to me, "dumb actions result in dumb rules". So don't push us to regulate anything more than what these common sense rules dictate.
10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP OUR FORUMS:
1. Post ideas, schematics, good links to sites related to the topic at hand, any information that is useful. 2. Use the correct subforum when posting so we don't have to move it for you. 3. Tell friends about our site! Anyone interested in radio like you should also know about our message board so spread the word! 4. Try to be informative in topics you know. Lurking never helps. 5. Use the Site Chat for quick messages like sudden stations that pop up or general chit chat. 6. Be nice to new people or those who are "newbs" to pirate radio. Everyone starts somewhere. 7. Try to find news clips/feeds of current radio topics and toss them in the News forum. 8. Suggest ideas or changes you'd like to see in the Talk to Staff forum so we can help make the site better for us all. 9. Keep the Everything Else forums just for that.. everything else. Radio talk is for the other forums. 10. When browsing our forums keep away from power lines and use a safety belt.